Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Days 1-4

Hello to all who are there listening to the baby who hates change and work. It may sound like this would be a crappy read but you can choose to read it or not. To begin with I am a drinker, smoker of the nicotine, and about to turn 30. Things need to change in my life. When I turned 24 I decided to have things done before my 30 birthday. There were only three things that seemed pretty simple but did not turn out that way. My birthday is February 29 (leap year) and I need to be out of debt, have a job I love, and my own digs. This is where I stand now; out of debt and have a job I love. My own digs will not be happening. Growing older is only making it harder for me to find my way it seems. So now I have decided to take matters in my own hands and change. First thing is no more smoking. This is where my blog really comes in handy. Need this outlet to relieve my stress and craving for the blasted cigarette. I promise to you that my writing will get better and more interesting. The first 4 days have been rough. I have already cheated with 3 cigarettes. Not good and only real pastime is hanging at the bar with my friends. Something about a cold beer and a cig that go so well together. I have been going to movies and sitting on my bum trying to last the first 21 days. OH HELP ME. The second and probably more difficult life change is getting back to running. My goal is by April to run a 1/2 marathon. Yay me. I am out of breath, overweight, and drink like a fish. Can this be done? We shall find out together hopefully you stick around. This is the end of this post. Day 5 is tomorrow and we will see how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. Juanny,
    You are doing great!! I know that you may have cheated a few times, but look at how far you have come. You have so much strength in you. I know that you can do this. And how about this... If you are going to do the marathon and you stay strong with the smoking thing, I will do the marathon with you. This is a huge deal on my part because I hate running. But I will go on that journey with you. Does that sound like a plan?
    Stay strong. We all love you and have tons of faith in you!!

    ReplyDelete